/
0 Comments
Roldolphe Kreutzer Artifacts

1) Etudes ou Caprices
These are my 42 etudes ou caprices. They are what I am most well known for as a composer and musician. I wrote them in 1796 and they are still used to teach today!

Source: "Etudes Ou Caprices (Kreutzer, Rodolphe)." IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music. 6 Oct. 2015. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.



2) Anton Stamitz
This is Stamitz, my first real teacher. He started teaching me when I was at the age of 12 and I even preformed one of my first concertos with him! He's taught me a lot of what I know and he's a phenomenal musician.

Source: "Anton Stamitz." Snipview. Snipview, 4 Mar. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


3) Théâtre Italien 
Théâtre Italien is where me first ever opera, Jeanne d'Arc was given it's premiere in 1790. The same year, I was named solo violin at this theater.

Source: "Scénographie." Nicolight.fr. 10 June 2014. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


4) Jeanne d'Arc
This is a painting of Jeanne d'Arc. She is who my first opera was about, it's premiere took place in 1790. What she did and is known for inspires me.

Source: "JEANNE DARC CENTRE - Hauptnavigation." JEANNE DARC CENTRE - Hauptnavigation. Jenny-Jinya Hefczyz, 2004. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


5) Conservatoire de Paris
I started teaching violin at the Conservatoire de Paris in 1795, when it was first built, and am considered one of the founders of the French school of violin playing.

Source: "The Hector Berlioz Website - Devoted to Berlioz's Life and Works." The Hector Berlioz Website - Devoted to Berlioz's Life and Works. Michel Austin, 1 Feb. 2005. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


6) Violin Concerto No. 17 in G Major
One of my pieces, first preformed in 1806 and dedicated to Madame Catalani. There are three movements, 1. Maestoso 2. Adagio and 3. Rondo

Source: "Rodolphe Kreutzer Violin Concerto No 17 in G Major 1806." YouTube. YouTube, 17 Jan. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


7) Violin Sonata No. 9 in A Major "Kreutzer"
Ludwig van Beethoven wrote and dedicated this song to me. I never played it, I'm not so much a fan of his style, although I am more well known for this piece rather than my own music.

Source: "Kreutzer Sonata, Violin Sonata No. 9 - Beethoven." YouTube. YouTube, 3 May 2014. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


8) Marie Antoinette
This is a painting of Marie Antoinette by Jean-Baptiste. She played a very large role in my life after my parents deaths by, for lack of a better way to put it, taking care of me. She made sure that I got a job in the king's royal orchestra, that way I could support myself.

Source: "Marie Antoinette." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 22 Nov. 2015. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


9) Vienna, Austria
Vienna is where I toured in 1798 as a member of the French Ambassador's party. This party was ordered by Napoleon Bonaparte to bring Italian manuscripts back to France. This was how I met Bonaparte, and the reason I became his solo violinist a few years later.

Source: "History of Vienna." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 1 Sept. 2015. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.


10) Viotti
Viotti is one of the most inspiring musicians I've ever known. My most popular work, the 42 etudes ou caprices, are based on his bowing style and technique.

Source: "Giovanni Battista Viotti." BBC News. BBC, 2015. Web. 22 Nov. 2015.








You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.